Friday, December 28, 2012

over the river and through the woods . . .

It's been grey and cold here . . . it's flurrying/sleeting as I type, as a matter of fact.  Nothing like they're getting in the northeast, of course, but it's nice to see a little of the white stuff  Temperatures are supposed to be warming, so I imagine it will turn to rain (and puddles) before noon.

Joc and Ellie came for a visit yesterday!  Ellie's only been here a time or two and you could see on her face as they walked up to the RV that she was a little confused about where she was and why she was there!  The relief on her face when she saw me was evident ... even though she was still a little confused that I wasn't where I was supposed to be ... at her house!
Her great grandparents got her a darling little stuffed owl for Christmas, which she loves!  She holds it and talks to it and gives it kisses ... and then she holds it out for me to give kisses!!  

And of course, the phone always makes for a happy distraction . . .
Can you hear me now?!  I love her little cupcake shirt! I also see a bit of the future "teen Ellie" in this pose!

Those same great grandparents (my folks) gave Todd and I two *marvelous* birdhouse/feeders for Christmas.  This is the first one . . .
Isn't it darling?  Todd put it out and I was able to capture Mr. Nuthatch on it . . .
Is there anyone in there?  I adore how they hang upside-down!

Last night Todd and I finally used the ticket portion of the free movie tickets we won (see this post) and got to see The Hobbit!  It was really good ... we both agreed we could turn around and watch it again.  I do believe I'd have sat for nine hours in the theater in order to see the entire thing in one sitting!  And while there was quite a bit in the story line of the movie that *wasn't* in the original book, for the most part I think it enhanced the story and it didn't disappoint.  I'm already looking forward to the next part!   

I got some lovely, quilty gifts for Christmas, too . . . I'll be back to share them tomorrow!  

And finally, it wouldn't be a Friday if there weren't a little feline in it, right?  I'm out of cat pics at the moment, but in the spirit of Christmas, will share the link (I couldn't embed it) of How to Wrap a Cat video on YouTube.  
Then be sure to head over to Sarah Did It! and check out her Feline Friday linky party!  Happy Furr-iday!

:)

9 sweet people commented:

Janet O. said...

Must be a special day when Miss Ellie comes to visit!
Cool birdhouse!
That cat video is too funny. I don't know a cat that would sit and tolerate being wrapped. Obviously this cat doesn't mind. Made me giggle. : )

Missy Shay said...

I love your bird feeder! We have one in the backyard which is filled with cardinals and the occasional blue jay.

Jean(ie) said...

Cute bird feeder. We have a suet cake feeder on one of our windows. it's fun to watch the birds take turns.

Glad you had a fun visit with Miss Ellie. :-)

Lee said...

Darling Miss Ellie, growing up so fast. You'll turn a page and she'll truly BE a teen! Great birdfeeder idea. With snow/sleet, do stay in where it's warm & toasty. We hit 32 last night but we're dry, would love some snow again - but we only get it about once every 50 years, lol.

Janet said...

Ellie is so cute. What lovely presents from your parents. Some people just know what to buy for gifts. The bird houses are very cool. The cat reminds me of my SIL Mitten from long ago, but I'm pretty sure Mitten would not have tolerated wrapping. Had a good laugh. Snowy and frosty here today. Good day to be inside.

Sarah said...

I have that video saved in my favorites at Youtube...watch it every Christmas cuz it's just adorable. As is your little visitor! Your nuthatch seems very interested in your available real estate :)

Kate said...

Thanks for the smile, I loved the "How to wrap a cat" video.

Elle is getting so big. Since I have a teenager, I can tell you that you don't see them with the phone up to their ear, instead their head is bent over the little keyboard as they text their friends!

Needled Mom said...

What a sweet little one! I'll bet you were thrilled to have her around for a bit.

Love those bird feeder houses. Those are really gorgeous.

Michelle May said...

Ellie is just sooooooooooooooo adorable! I can just picture her holding her little owl out for you to kiss it. Precious!