Sunday, December 16, 2012

why does santa have a garden?

Because he likes to "ho, ho, ho" of course!!  *rimshot*

Santa is a glutton for punishment.  But aren't you enjoying the heck out of my kid's Christmas jokes?!?  Happy to share the love.  :)

Quick Baby June update.  Kim took her in this morning for a re-check.  After a bit of a scare yesterday afternoon, this morning the doctor said her breathing sounded much easier, and he felt like the worst of the RSV was behind her. That's *so* good, because when I held her yesterday afternoon and she'd cough, it about broke my heart.  The doctor did note that on top of everything else, June's picked up an ear infection, so she's being treated for that.  Her daddy is battling the flu-bug, so they're working hard to keep him disinfected, masked and quarantined.  Again, I have to thank you for your sweet prayers and well-wishes.  Y'all are so dear and I appreciate you more than you can know!

I had lunch with the ladies SS class after church today -- and from there I had to stop at the grocery store.  Needless to say, when I got home, it was time for coffee with Todd (which is a favorite) and I never did pull out any hand stitch work.  So, in lieu of actual work, I thought I'd share a blog with you . . . 
Q is for Quilter.  Are you familiar with it?  She (Martha) shares all kinds of vintage patterns -- little girl's dresses, quilts, and transfers.  Her blog is a wonderful, wonderful resource for stitchers and quilters, alike.  Right now she's doing a series of posts called Countdown to Christmas.  Such fun!

And if you're looking for something "Christmassy" still to stitch on, check out THIS post, which has a sampling of vintage Christmas stitcheries including this darling mailbox:
Or THIS post, which has a different sampling of Christmas stitcheries, including this sweet stocking:
Aren't they fun?  I particularly like the funky lines on the stocking.  Between the two posts, she's got over 15 different transfers.  If you're looking for a BIG Christmas project (like one you start now and *maybe* finish in time for next Christmas), check out her Santa's Follow-the-Colors embroidered quilt top, shown in its entirety HERE and shown with the individual blocks for transfer blocks HERE.  But really her whole blog is a treasure trove, so check it out.  And be sure to check out Kathy's Quilts: Slow Stitching Sunday and see who's working on what!

I stumbled across this sweet little image on Pinterest the other day . . .
Isn't it darling?  As Sawyer and I rode through the camp yesterday (which is fodder for another post, to be sure), I made a mental note of all the 'natural' components I had on hand to make one up for myself..  I think, perhaps, it will be on my to-do list.  The to-do list I make up *after* Christmas.  I still have presents to finish up to get in the MAIL!  Aye-yi-yi!  Someone (namely me) needs to get BUSY!  Please tell me I'm not alone ... someone else out there still has something they're busting to finish in time, right?!? 

:)

12 noted . . .:

Missy Shay said...

I've been sharing your corny jokes with my husband. :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the corny jokes - laughter is the best medicine. Oh, sweet little nature tree - yes, a doable for you - for next year.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Your jokes are much need relief from all the sadness these past few days.
I love this tree, it's so neat!
Thank you for sharing :)

Jean(ie) said...

Good clean jokes are rare. I'm enjoying them too!

I'm so glad to hear baby June is doing better. I'm hoping she gets better each day and back to regular sweetnesss.

Cathy said...

You're not alone. I still have to wrap Avery's and Laurie's gifts and get them sent off. And we have yet to do any shopping, at all. That is all on tomorrow's to do list.

Momof3girls said...

You definitely aren't alone. I still have several orders to fill on top of some things that I need to make for my mom and girls. All in all, I'm looking at 6 pillows, 3 microwave bowl holders, 1 pillowcase, 2 tote bags, some silverware holders and whatever else I decide that I need to make my mom. :/

Dar said...

You are absolutely not along on being ready for Christmas. There are many out here with you, including me. I'm still doing customer quilts before I can even start to quilt my own. But heck, it's only 12/17. a whole week until they have to be done, right??
Love your corny jokes.

Barb said...

What fun stitcheries, thanks!

Janet O. said...

So glad June is doing better!
Oh, am I ever behind on Christmas gifts--namely grandson quilts! Yikes, I don't even like to hear how many days are left until Christmas!
p.s. I'm loving the jokes! : )

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like there are lots of nasty bugs going on there, but glad to hear that June is feeling better.

The stitcheries are just darling. Have fun with them.

Michelle said...

Ooooh -- drooling over vintage embroidery sounds SO much more fun than doing dishes. They'll still be there in an hour or so, right?

Quilter Kathy said...

That was funny!! LOL
Love those stitchery ideas...thanks for the link!