Saturday, December 22, 2012

some seasonal accomplishment . . .

Just under the wire!  I spent a little time this morning putting together a little something for my SS youth girls.  I'd seen the idea on Pinterest and decided that with a little twist it was the perfect fit for my girls:
Whew!  Glad that's done and ready to go for in the morning!  Next up was a stocking.  When Todd and I got married sixteen years ago, I made stockings for the two of us for our first Christmas together:
After Joc and Jason were married, Joc asked me to make their stockings too, which I did three years ago:
So it wasn't a surprise when she asked me to do Ellie's stocking, too!  She picked out the fabric, and asked me to make it a little bigger than the ones I've made for the adults.  So here it is . . .
Taadaaah!!

Not bad for a day's work, eh?!  Linking this post up to Patricia's Christmas Stocking Hang Out linky party, over at Quilting Lines!!  There are some really fabulous stockings linked up -- and a *marvelous* giveaway going on, to boot!!

:)

18 noted . . .:

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. I never grew up with stockings so I love the tradition and all of the wonderful stockings being shown.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I've seen the candy/mitten snowmen before - they are sweet gifts. The stocking parade is just lovely.

c. Joy said...

Lovely, Merry almost! Enjoy your Sunday.

Sheila said...

These are so cute! Good idea!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

What sweet treats for your girls! I love your addition of the note on the back-very sweet. Aren't homemade stockings the best? Such darling fabric - I love stuffing stockings and what a pretty way to introduce Ellie to this fun tradition.

Janet O. said...

What cute snowmen! Thanks for sharing your fun Pinterest finds. I don't let myself go there--I know it would be trouble. : )

Dar said...

Such a cute idea for the candy bar/snowmen. Are their hats really a pair of gloves or a stocking hat? The message on the back is very heart warming too.

Your stockings are cute. Wish I had a picture of some I made for a cousins' family a few years back. They were fun to make.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Usharanee Murugesu said...

Such pretty stockings...great to see the old tradition still as strong as ever...especially in the modern times.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.May the coming year bless you and your family with everything that your hearts desire

Usha
usharaneem@yahoo.com

Teresa in Music City said...

What cute stockings... and a great tradition :*) I really love the snowgirls! I saw something similar done with popcorn packages. Great gift for the girls!

Terry said...

I love it when kids show their love of home made things. And it is so much fun making things for our family. Very nice socks, and cute gifts for the girls. Have a blessed Christmas.

Patricia said...

Thanks for sharing you great stockings on the Christmas Stocking Hang Out! They hold special memories for you and your family I'm sure! I like the little snowman gifts too!

Melissa Bo said...

Your stockings are so lovely! =)

Thanks so much for sharing them!

Happy Holidays!

Quilting Babcia said...

Your stockings are wonderful! And I love the sweet treat idea for the girls. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Great idea to use mittens on those snowman candy bars. I've made them with fleece, but like your idea too! Great job on the new stocking for the baby!

Nanbon44 said...

I love the snowman idea

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My snowmen (purchased, not made by me) held popcorn. The chocolate looks yummy!

Swedish Scrapper said...

Such a sweet pile of stockings you made! And those snowmen chocolates are darling :D
Merry Christmas!

Melissa Bishop said...

So cute!