Monday, December 24, 2012

the eve's design wall . . .

Today will be a busy, happy day.  Todd and I will stay tucked inside for most of the day ... I've still got some baking and wrapping to do.  Then we'll head out early this evening to share Christmas with our kids and grandkids.  I can't wait to be surrounded by grandbabies tonight! All gifts arrived or are finished, and in the lull, there's really not much on the design wall, per se.  

I did have a moment to play around in EQ for a little bit.  After we usher in the New Year, the next big event in our household is on Monday, January 7th ... the 2013 BCS Championship game featuring number one Notre Dame and number two University of Alabama, ROLL TIDE!!!  In the event they win, I'm considering an Alabama quilt for Todd . . .
I was playing around with placement of a double four patch block in a quilt setting, and then had the bright idea to give it Alabama colors.  But when I took away the 'block lines' from the drawing, I wondered if perhaps I couldn't put it together a little more easily then putting together double four patch blocks and having to mess with color placement for the assorted blocks.  I think I can make it a LOT simpler!
I did a couple of colorings . . . I'll let Todd pick his favorite.  The center will be an appliqued "A".
Head over to Patchwork Times to see what's being hung on design walls with care!

Some people are dreaming of sugarplums . . . we're dreaming of Waterford crystal BCS trophies.  It's how we roll Tide ROLL!  Merry Christmas Eve!!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Quilter Kathy said...

ENjoy the grandchildren...a very special blessing, especially at Christmas time! Merry Christmas!

Gari in AL said...

OK, as an Auburn grad it is really hard to say this, but, I really like your quilt design. I think the darker one is really good for a guy, especially if it might be used for tailgateing. I can see that on the ground. ;-)

Ranch Wife said...

Those are almost Aggie colors! LOL. I love your design and have been collecting Texas A&M fabrics. I may have to stitch this one with you...minus the A! Off to hunt for a TAMU design!
Wishing you a magical Christmas dear girl!

Lee D said...

Lovely layout for a quilt. I have the EQ on my Christmas wish list. So if Santa brings if for me I may be asking for a little help. Have an awesome time with the kids. We will be celebrating at home with my mom here, then mass. Tomorrow we go to a friends house for dinner with 20!

Teresa in Music City said...

I know you will have fun tonight!!! We have a few days of quiet too until my son and his family arrives the day after Christmas.

I love you Alabama quilt idea - I have an almost son-in-law who would love something like that :*)

Jean(ie) said...

Roll Tide! LOL! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Barbara B said...

Great quilt design--and letting Todd pick his favorite will make it extra special to create. As an Auburn fan, I want Auburn and Alabama to win every game, except when playing each other, of course!

Have a most blessed Christmas!

Barbara

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I just saw that you won over at Cat Patches. Congrats!

Chris said...

Hi Denise, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Merry Christmas, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Kate said...

Like all your layouts. Have fun playing.

Mary said...

EQ is so fun to play with before cutting up the fabric! Hope Todd likes one of the layouts. I know you will keep us posted. Yep, dreaming of sugarplums...covered in chocolate!