Friday, December 14, 2012

my littlest love . . .

Sweet little June . . .
James called late yesterday afternoon to say they were taking her in for an unplanned visit to the pediatrician.
From there the doctor admitted her to the hospital for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), a highly contagious (and very common) virus.  
Most children get it before they're two ... and in most children and adults it presents as a common cold and no one ever knows the difference.
But in babies (particularly six months and younger) it can be very dangerous. Hence the hospital stay.
My poor, sweet little six-week-old baby girl was put on oxygen and IV fluids.  The doctors feel like it was caught in time and they'll have her fixed up in no time.
That doesn't necessarily make it easier on her sweet mommy and daddy.  Or her Neesey.
As of this morning, Kim reports it was a rough night but it's gotten better. June is sleeping now and her breathing is less laborious, but her oxygen levels are still low.
I guess it was no accident that I gleaned this phrase during a trip to my LQS (more on *that* later) yesterday morning . . .

If I'm worrying, I'm not taking time to pray;
if I'm praying, I don't have time for worry!

Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of praying.  If you're inclined, I'd sure appreciate your prayers and happy thoughts for June, too!

:)

25 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Two of my 3 kids went thru this - my blessings and prayers are with you and the family.

Barbara said...

Sorry about this turn of events. Sounds like she's in good hands. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Melissa Bishop said...

What a great saying! I hope to remember it in any time of trouble. Lifting up your littlest 'sparkle' in prayer.

Momof3girls said...

Praying for June! Love the pictures!

Barbara F. said...

Poor sweet baby. I got teary when I read this. I am glad they caught it early. Sending prayers for Baby June. Hugs to you, Denise. xo

Paula said...

Oh My! How scary. It is so hard when they are so little and get so sick. Praying...real hard.
Love your saying and I will remember it.
Hugs to you and your family.

Karin said...

Sending speedy healing prayers to sweet baby June and comforting ones for all those who love her. Will be looking for updates!

Sandy D said...

Poor little one and poor Mommy.I know what it is like to have a little one in the Hospital but our little girl had what we called "croup" which sounds a lot like RSV except it is not contagious.

Jean(ie) said...

Oh hugs and prayers all around. I know that it's not only tough on the wee ones, but the worry is tough on us big one. HUGS...

Mary said...

Much love and prayers coming your way for Baby June. She will kick this with good Dr help and faithful Mom and Dad who got her checked in time.

Asiyah said...

Oh, wow. It's always something but thanks be to God that our Great Physician is always at work! We'll be praying for June.

Ronda Walker said...

Praying that Baby June recovers quickly and that God surrounds You and Your family with his comfort and love.

Lee D said...

oh course we will say an extra prayer for her. I remember going through this with all my kids.

Teresa in Music City said...

She's such a sweetheart - I bet all the nurses and doctors are falling in love :*) I am praying for you and June and all of her loved ones!!!

Doniene said...

Of course I'll pray! keep us posted!!

Blessings

Lee said...

Know that my prayers are joining those of others; may sweet June be well soon!

Yona Williams said...

What a precious, cute lil baby! Hope she is feeling better and gets over this lil' health bump in the road.

Happy holidays.

I'm stopping by from Katherine's Corner blog hop.

Happy belated Favorite Things Thursday!

http://artpark78.com/blog1/i-made-my-2012-holiday-wreath/

Jeanie said...

Yes, prayers for healing! I hope each hour brings steady wellness.

Patrica said...

I have had a little one in the hospital and know how very scary it is but I also know that prayer does work and babies are stronger than they seem. I will say a prayer for all of you and hope that she will be well soon.

Agnes Bullock said...

Our prayers are with you!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Praying for June, and the whole family and medical staff. Hope she's back to normal soon.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a scary time with newborns. Hope baby June gets better quickly and that her parents don't get too sleep deprived.

Karen O said...

Definitely praying. My son was 5 months old and hospitalized for 2 days with this.

Katherines Corner said...

prayers. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

Grammasheri said...

Keeping June and all of you in my prayers! She is such a little sweetie! Love those pictures you posted, too.