Thursday, December 13, 2012

why are christmas trees bad at knitting?

Because they're always dropping their needles!!!

How could I resist sharing that little gem?  

Do you know that this is my nine hundred seventy-second post?  That means only twenty-eight more until one THOUSAND posts.  I'd love for that to coincide with January 1, 2013 ... wouldn't that be cool?  It means I'll have to be a little more . . . prolific . . . than usual.  Hmmmm.

Speaking of not resisting, Todd and I took what I thought was going to be an innocuous little trip into Fayetteville and Tractor Supply this morning.  We needed a heater for the bird pond/bath.  The robins flew in this morning to take baths and found a block of ice ... oops!  Anyway, while we were in there, look what I found:
Aren't they CUTE?!!  And when I found I could not only put my foot down into them but walk around in them without pain, I nearly cried!  (For those who don't know, I was in a bad accident several years ago that broke my foot/ankle quite thoroughly.  I'm still in recovery.)  They look so cute with my jean skirts ... fun for playing around in (not work boots) ... and WARM!

But wait, there's more.  I walked around the corner and saw this darling pair . . .
Aaaaaaagh!!!!!  I've missed *so* much having a pair of sturdy, rubber utility boots for around the camp.  These are perfect and cute and they fit!!  Polka dots!!!!  

And they were BOTH on sale ... and rang up even lower than their sale prices.  To me?  That's a *sign*!

It's a sign they're in my closet now.  Well ... except for the pair that I'm wearing.  

:)

18 noted . . .:

Barbara F. said...

I know you post just about 7 days a week, with rare exceptions! I think you can do it!! Cute boots, both pair. And I remember seeing on your sidebar you started to blog in 2003?? You were on the forefront of this whole blogging experience. xo

Kaisievic said...

What is Christmas for if not for lame Christmas cracker jokes? Love it.

Love your new boots,too and so glad that they fit well.

Good luck with getting to your 1000th post - so exciting!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute joke and very cute boots! Oh, I do know about the joy of getting some not only to fit, but comfortable. I'm putting off the next re-construction for late Summer 2013.

Missy Shay said...

I love both of your boots, and of course you had to buy the polka dots!

Mary said...

Cute Boots! It looks like foot recovery is happening. Even better when they ring up cheaper than the sale price. Good Luck on your goal to reach 1000 posts.

Sarah said...

So glad to see you did go ahead and buy the boots - they look great!

Sallie said...

Love both pair of boots! Glad they are comfortable!

Momof3girls said...

I'm going to ask for a pair of rubber boots for Christmas. They'll be good for rainy days. Yours are cute, both pair! :)

Paula said...

Love the joke!
So glad you found boots that not only fit but are comfy and cause you no pain! Yea!And they are cute and look wonderful with your skirt.
Love the polka dots.
"Keep on posting. You will meet your goal." (just pretending I am a fortune cookie fortune) ;P
Hugs

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Cute boots and post!!

:) Carolyn

Jean(ie) said...

LOL... now did you make another side trip. perhaps??????

Cute boots. I have a pair of the polka dots in the RV. perfect for walking in muddy fields.

Cathy said...

Oh that is fabulous news.. that you can get the boots on, and walk in them pain free!! Praise the Lord!!

Janet O. said...

Now you can always put your best foot forward! : )

AnnieO said...

Terribly pun-ny joke, but super cute boots! What a fun outing :)

Barbara said...

Polka Dots! NO WAY! I'm green with envy.

Doniene said...

a shopper after my own heart! Gotta love God's provision - love those sales, less than sale price!!

Blessings

P.S. - they are really, really cute!!

Melissa Bishop said...

They are so cute! One of my shoes fell off today as I was walking up some stairs. I've lost weight all over including my feet. Now my shoes do not fit properly! We can afford new shoes but I have such a hard time finding them in my size!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I didn't get to wear my snow boots last year. Looks like I won't be wearing them again this year (we're fixing to set a record for the longest time between measurable snowfalls). It's so hard to find comfy shoes. I ruined my ankle back in high school (torn ligaments, ripped bone, etc) and everything grew back incorrectly. I now have arthritis in both my feet, too. I can't even walk around on my hardwood floors for long without my feet hurting. Enjoy your new boots.