Saturday, December 29, 2012

spoiled and loving it . . .

I was thoroughly spoiled this Christmas.  Thoroughly! A little bit of this and a little bit of that and a lot of another!  Want specifics?  Hahaha ... I'm happy to share!

I got some fun *quilty* things . . .
Todd got me a full pack of Clover's Wonder Clips for binding!  I'd won twenty-five (a half pack) from a guild meeting several months ago and *loved* them--but twenty-five wasn't near enough!  And Joc, Jason and Ellie got me the Easy Angle ruler I'd wanted for quite some time!

Sawyer, June, Kim and James also got me a quilty thing . . .
It was on back order from Nancy's Notions, but it should be here relatively soon! I'm so excited -- this has been on my wish list for AGES! I can't wait to display my first little piece on it (hopefully I'll have it by Friday, January 11!)

I got some of the DVDs that were on my wish list, too.  Todd hates getting me DVDs, but I so love my DVD collection and the ability to watch the movies I like when I want to watch them!  He did a great job of mixing it up . . . 
The Lion King is going back into the Disney vault soon and I wanted to add it before it was unavailable.  And one of my Disney favorites, 101 Dalmatians!  I had all of the Disney classics on VHS, but when we moved to the RV, we didn't take the videos ... too bulky.  He also got me two classics, My Fair Lady and Bringing Up Baby (I adore Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn together in this!), along with two from Chonda Pierce; one of my all-time favorite Christian comedians!

Also off my list was this title, one thousand gifts.  
I'm already one-third of the way through it ... soaking it in--it's a wonderful read ... from my James and Kim.

Todd got me another title off my list . . . 
I'm so glad to get something tea-related, too!  I've wanted this one for quite some time; it's filled with lovely illustrations, sweet stories, and must-try tips and recipes!

And believe it or not, I really do consider this next piece of technology a *quilty* gift . . .
A scanner!!!  Joc and Jason gifted me with this (and as Jocelyn noted to Todd, it was HIGH priority on my amazon wish list).  I love that I can now scan my favorite patterns and articles from quilting magazines and not have to keep the whole bulky magazine!  YAY!!  

My mom and dad, along with the darling birdhouse/feeders, sent Todd and I this darling little ornament for our tree . . .
Totally appropriate!  I can't believe we didn't already have one -- this was our fourth Christmas in the RV at good ol' Camp MACOBA!  Isn't it sweet?  I love these Old World ornaments!

And finally, the pièce de résistance from my darling husband . . . 
Whoot, whoot!  Sunday, January 6th ... one week ... I'm *so* excited!!!  Boy, boy, crazy boy -- get cool, boy!

And of course there were stocking stuffers and little things tucked in here and there.  Told you -- I was/am totally SPOILED ROTTEN!  :)

Okay, so if you made it all the way down here to the bottom of this post, how about something for you?  It's not from me ... I'm just re-directing.  Instead, it's from Beth Moore and her blog at Living Proof Ministries.  In her Christmas Eve post, she shares a link to three free audio downloads . . . A Country Christmas, Mary's Reflections, and The Shepherds' Story.  All three are marvelous, sweet pieces, read by Beth herself, speaking to the heart of Christmas.  And while they all made me laugh and cry (I am a hormonal jumble ... 24/7), The Shepherds' Story was absolutely fabulous!  I'm not sure how long they're available for free, but they are today.  Read toward the bottom of her post to find the link ... and the promotion code you'll need ... and ENJOY!

:)

19 noted . . .:

Agnes Bullock said...

Wonderful gifts! I have the clips and just started using them and they are the ebst!

Jean(ie) said...

You really did get spoiled rotten! I love those clips!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

That is a great assortment of goodies... have fun enjoying them all!

Needled Mom said...

What fun gifts!!! I love the little tree ornament of the RV. Enjoy the show.

LuAnn said...

Great gifts, and I know you have a beautiful family to enjoy the holidays with. Happy New Year to you!

Paula said...


You are so spoiled! but in a very good way. Not only with gifts but with love.
I love the Clover Clips also. Don;t you wish we would have invented them along with velcro??
I wonder what the mini will be that you put on your mini stand?
Oh the suspence!
HUGS

Barbara said...

You are going to love those clips. I have a different kind, but they are sooooo much better than pins. I still pin the corners, however. And that 5th wheel ornament is too cute. I need one!

Kris said...

Oh, my, gosh, Denise!! How much fun was your Christmas?? And West Side Story!! One of my very favorite musicals!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, you spolied rotten sweetheart!!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Yes, those clips will become an instant favorite! I bought some for gifts this year. You must have been especially good this year, but that doesn't surprise me. :) I have 'One Thousand Gifts' as well and I adore it! Wonderful read! Thank you for the link to the downloads...so looking forward to those!

Melissa Labella said...

What a wonderful assortment of gifts! Happy New Year and belated Merry Christmas. It is good to be spoiled! You deserve it.

Janet O. said...

You must have been a very good girl this past year, Denise, to have been treated so well at Christmas!
The clips, the stand, the scanner, the movies, etc., etc. BTW, I am so thrilled to know someone else out there recognizes the value of movies made way back when. Bringing Up Baby is a favorite with my family, as is My Fair Lady. And tickets to a live theater production of West Side Story--way to top it off!

Kate said...

What great gifts! It's good that the family spoiled you. I didn't get a single quilty gift, so I bought my own as you'll see during tomorrow's stash report!

Melissa Bishop said...

What lovely gifts!

Barb said...

I am glad that you had such a fabulous time. Love your gifties.

Usharanee Murugesu said...

Wow! You are so blessed to have received such lovely gifts for Christmas. Hope you will have a great time with your gifts. Happy New Year!!!

Usha
usharaneem@yahoo.com

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

West Side Story! You will LOVE seeing that. Such fun!

Vivian said...

You got some really great stuff. Would love to see a broadway show one day.

BudandMarsha said...

Aren't quilt-y focused Christmas gifts a blast? I scored in the gift area too as I'm sure you saw on my post. Love your RV ornament; have one but not as darling as that one. Wonder where they found it???

Nice post, Daneesy! Happy New Year!

Mary said...

I won some of those clips this year too. I agree you got spoiled GOOD! I'm green with envy about the West Side Story Tickets...Have fun!!! The Guild stand looks nice too, I'm sure you'll share when it arrives!