Wednesday, December 12, 2012

i burnt the bacon . . .

. . . but the biscuits were okay.

Actually it was the toast.  Sounds like a bad country song, right??  It's my life. Which leads me to believe that most of those unbelievable country song lyrics may have a hefty thread of truth to them!  But I digress . . . I did burn the bacon.

Todd came in off shift this morning bearing mail.  One big box, one small box and one large, padded manila envelope.  The name on the return address on the manila envelope made me squeal and drop *everything*.  

Barbara Brackman.

Can you guess what was inside?????
Whoooohoooo!!

And look at the inside cover . . . 
"Daneesey, Thanks for your help!  Barbara Brackman December 2012"

I know, right?  How in the world did I help Barbara Brackman!!  See page seventy-eight:
Bottom of the page.
That's me.

I'm in a quilt book.

**squeeeeeeeeeeeal**!!!  Here's where I first blogged about the Kentucky Crossroads block.

And that's why I burnt the bacon.  It's totally understandable.  I'm still glowing.

:)

29 noted . . .:

Paula said...

How wonderful for you? And I knew you before you became famous. I think I would have burnt more than the bacon. Although,Burnt bacon and chcolate go together, don't they?
A bite of bacon and a few cordial cherry m&m's. Hmmmm we might be onto something here.
Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congrats - do I send you my copy to sign? This is a to do book/quilt for NewFO 2013 and I can show everyone - hey, I know her!!

Cathy said...

I think I would have burnt the bacon as well!! That is so exciting..... to see your name in print in a book!!

Barbara F. said...

Congratulations, DaNeesey! I would have dropped the whole flippin' fryin' pan! xo

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

oh congrats my friend!! how very exciting!

Gone Country said...

Ooh, how exciting! And to have a signed copy of the book to boot, yay! Congrats!

Janet O. said...

Famous people can afford to burn bacon!! : ) Very cool, Denise. Congrats!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Congratulações !!!Beijos do Brasil.

Vanessa said...

Hi, Denise

How awesome! Congrats and what an honor. Happy for you. Happy Thursday!!

Vanessa

Kris said...

Whoa Ho!! I am sooooooooooo impressed!!! That looks like a very cool quilt - I guess I am going to have to burn some of my bacon (like in bringing home the bacon) and get a copy for me!! And when you sign Sharon's copy, will you sign a copy for me?? Woo! Hoo!!

Melissa Bishop said...

So pretty! I like the X on the bottom best.

Missy Shay said...

Congratulations! Did you not know she was going to use your block?

Mary said...

So Cool! Happy to see your name in print! I know exactly how you feel... Congrats, I'll have to put this one on my list.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh congratulations! How cool is that??? I'd have burned the house down in my excitement :*)

Lee said...

Oh, and your excitement doesn't come across one single bit! LOL! How wonderful that is, congratulations :)

Kerri said...

Congratulations!!
PS - I like burnt bacon :)

Barb said...

What fun is this! Congratulations.

Needled Mom said...

I would have burned breakfast, lunch and dinner!!! Congratulations.

Lee D said...

quiting before food, hubby should know that by now, lol. Wow your name in such a great book. congrats and I would be squealling too!

Susan said...

Well just how awesome is that? I would have burned the bacon and the biscuits too! ;o) Congratulations!

Karin said...

How 'over the moon' exciting! That is truly bacon burning worthy! Beautiful block and that looks like a great publication! Congratulations! Applause!

Jean(ie) said...

YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!!!! Wow! And an autographed copy to boot. Now that makes it super duper special!!!!!

That's okay dear. Even famous people burn their bacon.

Yay you! This is exciting!

Miss Thimble said...

You are in a quilt book and you just burnt the bacon?!? Lord, I would have probably left the bacon to set fire to the house if it were me.

Congratulations - you are now officially famous! :D

StitchinByTheLake said...

I would have burnt that bacon too. And then the smoke alarm would have gone off. And the fire department would have come. I better never make a block for Barbara. :) Congratulations! blessings, marlene

Doniene said...

Wow!! You're a celebrity!! Way to go!!

Blessings

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

How Cool! It's fun being in a quilt book (I know, cuz I'm in one, too). Yipee!

Carmen María said...

Congratulations!

Quilter Kathy said...

SO exciting! I'm whooping it up here for you!

Kate said...

So very cool! Congratulations!