Sunday, December 30, 2012

it's a stash [report #52] wrap . . .


I can hardly believe that this is report number fifty-two . . . the final stash report of 2012.  And even with all the mega sales going on, I'm not ending the year with a bang . . . but rather with a little *ding*ding*ding*.  I was lucky enough to score a sweet little bundle of fat quarters, from Barbara over at Cat Patches, and her November NewFO linky party!  
Isn't it scrumptious-gorgeous?!  And it's *purple*!!!  I've had to be careful not to drool all over it.  I already know how I'm going to put some of it to use, too! (Think *words* and blog hop.)  Anyway, that sweet little pile of fabric was all that came in, and none went out, so here are my final numbers for the year:

Used/donated this week: 0.0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 50.5 yards
Purchased/added this week: 1.5 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 194.75 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -144.25 yards

It's been an interesting exercise to keep up with intake/outflow.  I will definitely keep up again for 2013, though I still haven't decided whether I've got any particular goals for fabric for 2013.  I've still got a day or two to mull it over.  In the meantime, you be sure to head over to Patchwork Times and check out the rest of the stash reports for this week.  I understand Judy to say her last report was to be for laughs only!

And for this afternoon, slow stitching will definitely be my occupation!  I've been working away on my redwork course . . .
That's my bird -- isn't he rather dapper?  I've got a daisy scroll, a pansy face, and leaves on my tree to stitch up this afternoon, as well as an apple.  Then I'll try and finish up my butterfly and maybe even move on to a new bonsai tree and a sea shell.  (And that's all just in Lesson 4!)  I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts and Slow Stitchin' Sunday!

Enjoy the day!

:)

14 noted . . .:

Doniene said...

Those purples are just scrumptious!! So "happy"!! Your embroidery is lovely! I did a lot of embroidery a couple of years ago, and I love doing it, but was ready for a break - maybe I need to pick some up again!!

Blessings for a Very Happy New Year!

Kate said...

Those purples are gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Love your little blue bird too!

WyoPat said...

Those purple fat quarters are wonderful!

Terry said...

I agree, beautiful fabric, can't wait to see what you make with it.

Jean(ie) said...

I know you're going to have fun with that fabric! yay for winning! I swear, you are the luckiest person I know!

Looks like you're a bit behind on using your stash...LOL! I guess that's why they call it a stash! LOL!

Barbara said...

Nice stitching! I'm glad you like the fabric.

Dar said...

Congrats on your lovely purple fabric win. You are a lucky lady. I'll keep watching to see what you do with some of them. Your bird surely is "dapper". See you in 2013.

Lee said...

Beautiful fabrics from Barbara - congrats on the win! I love your "blue" redwork, lol, that's another item I forgot to add to my 'some day' list. I have a very old, very homespunny (is that a word) attempt of someone's redwork - might have been grandma's aunt/cousin flimsy that someday I may get quilted. I'll post my own numbers a little later in the day.

Momof3girls said...

I love the purple fabrics! I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Dee Dee said...

Great win of purple fabrics. Have a great New Year and thanks for sharing.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Beautiful purples and a very cute birdie too!

Janet O. said...

Are you trying to say you "won" those FQs in purple? Let's face it, you've been winning right and left lately! : )
Every LQS within 40 minutes of my house (4 of them) were having some cool "5th Saturday" sale yesterday and DH even offered to drive me around, and what do I do? I get a migraine! I only do that about once every 8-10 years and this was the day, so I'm ending the year with a whimper (or maybe a whine). : )

Mary said...

I got 3 of those same Fat Q's from my DH. I think they are all from the same line of fabric, but I'm not sure, the selvages weren't on mine. Lucky winner once again!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a sweet bluebird! Look forward to seeing your other practice designs too...especially the sea shell.
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!