Monday, December 10, 2012

delayed by design . . .

Or something like that.  It's been a crazy day!  Todd and I were out the door early, to get the van I used for my Nashville trip back to the Association.  From there we made all sorts of stops.  One of mine involved (finally) fabric!!
Hobby Lobby had *all* of their Christmas fabric on sale for 50% off.  Nice!  I'll be using a fat quarter of the ornament print (far right) to wrap an ornament for tomorrow night's Stitcher's Christmas party.  Yay!

While I was there, I also picked up some more felt for poinsettias.  
I found sparkly pink *and* sparkly green!
And some buttons for those poinsettias, too.

I've got this fabric back out, too . . . time to get down to the nitty-gritty with my Christmas tree napkins.  I'll use some of the fabric in the first photo and then these two combinations.
You get two napkins per fat quarter, so I've got a goodly number of napkin sets I can make!

And . . . in Sunday's Stash Report/Slow Stitching post I showed a sweet little Christmas tree stitchery I'd downloaded from my most recent Sew Beautiful e-newsletter.  In that same newsletter was this cute little fellow, as well:
I'm happy to forward a copy of the newsletter to anyone who would like the patterns.  Both are totally darling, don't you think?

So that's what's theoretically on my design wall.  There are lots of other productive walls to check out over at Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times!  

And, in case you've missed all the hubbub, don't miss out on celebrating Quilting Gallery's 5th birthday!!  
You can check out my giveaway post HERE . . . and to *totally* sweeten the deal, I found a package of Dark Chocolate Raspberry M&Ms to add to the prize package!
Mmmmm . . . chocolate!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

ANudge said...

Dark chocolate! I'm in! You have lovely fabric for your projects.

Sandy D said...

I did not know M&M's came in a raspberry flavor Yummy.I wouldn't mind if you forward me a copy of the Gingerbread pattern.Thanks.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh you really know how to make a girl drool on her keyboard! Tomorrow I will be out looking for rasp M&M's! ;-) In the meantime, I would love a copy of the newsletter with the cute patterns. Thank you!

Teresa in Music City said...

Mmmmmm indeed!!! I love dark chocolate :*) Your fabrics simply SING Christmas! And a great price too =^..^=

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yummy fabrics and yummy candy (that I will look for now). Have fun playing with both.

Doniene said...

What wonderful fabric!!! What a find!! Have fun with it!!

Blessings

Jean(ie) said...

you had a big day! Love your Christmas bargains.

Janet O. said...

As I read your post I was thinking of what I would say in my comment. Then you dropped the "dark chocolate raspberry" bomb and my brain froze! I haven't seen these, but my mouth is watering and now I need to go looking! : )

Lee D said...

I love love love chocolate and raspberries. We don't have those in Canada, which is probably a good thing I'd eat them all.

Paula said...

Love the fabrics you got. I think I need to go on a fabric petting mission. Hobby Lobby here I come!
Oh ya, I would like a copy, sorry, download of the Christams patterns.
Hugs

Paula said...

BTW, have you tried the cordial cherry m&m's ??? Yummers in the tummers!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't seen the raspberry M&M's before. They sound yummy! I'm headed to Joann's for some backing fabric later this morning. Fun!

thethimbleroom said...

I just died... - DIED, I tell you. SPARKLY felt... RASPBERRY M&M's... I would sell my soul to the devil for those. lol
You bought amazing fabric - the holly print is a stunner.

Sarah said...

You had me a choco but to add raspberry - I might need a grocery store run after I clean the drool off my laptop ;^)

Carol said...

I would like the download of the stitching patterns. I just found your blog last week and i loove it. Thanks

Sherry said...

I would like a copy of the newsletter, please. Your Christmas fabrics are beautiful. Thanks

Melissa G. said...

That is a really cute gingerbread man! I would love a copy of the newsletter and the one with the tree! Love your Christmas fabrics also! Thanks!!